Exciting new shops and restaurants, open space, a hotel for visiting family and friends, and spectacular apartments designed for young professionals and seniors aren’t the only things the redevelopment of the United Hospital site will bring to Port Chester.
This transformative project will generate substantial economic and community benefits by:
- Creating more than 1800 construction and nearly 1000 permanent jobs;
- Helping to offset the property tax burden for Port Chester residents; and
- Reintegrating the site into the Village via a network of roads into and through the project.
Additionally, a nearly $4 million investment in improvements to Port Chester’s roadways will mean less congestion and fewer accidents than today:
- Travel delays will be reduced by up to 35%;
- Fuel efficiency will increase by up to 15%; and
- A more efficient Boston Post Road will divert less cut-through traffic to side streets, creating a safer pedestrian experience for children walking to and from school.
This proposal at last will fulfill the Village’s vision to reactivate this important, long-dormant site while minimizing the impact on Port Chester’s public schools.